Special Events Permit


Permit:  Special Events Permit
Cost:  $40.00
Hours: Monday – Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm 

In order to hold an event in a public place within the Grass Valley City limits it is necessary to submit a Special Event Permit Application. Along with the completed application, applicants may need to provide proof of insurance including the City of Grass Valley as an additional insured, proof of Security Personnel, and approval from the Fire Chief. For complete details, please refer to the appropriate sections in the application. A permit cannot be submitted for approval without all required documents.

Special Events in which Alcohol is being provided/sold also require permission from the California Department of Alcohol and Beverage Control. The application for this permit can be downloaded from the ABC Website. For further questions regarding ABC permits contact their office directly at (530) 751-8570.

The Special Events application (and ABC forms if applicable) must be turned into the Grass Valley Police Department in person. If your application is approved we will phone you regarding the pick up of your application. Approved applications must be picked up in person, we do not mail back approved forms. The applicant must keep the approved Special Event Application for display at the event.

FormSpecial Event Application