Please refer to the following checklist if you have lost your pet.
- Contact both Animal Shelters in Nevada County
(City Shelter: 530-477-4630 & County Shelter: AKA Sammie’s Friends 530-471-5041) and file a “Found or Lost Pet Report”. If you live close to another county, contact that Animal Control agency as well.
- Check the house, closets, basement, garage, sheds, open vehicles, etc.
- Check with your neighbors.
- Contact the KNCO radio station and ask that your pet be put on “pet patrol” http://knco.com/submit-to-knco/pet-patrol/
- Place an ad in the lost/found section of the local newspapers http://www.theunion.com
- Make flyers with a good photo and description and distribute to local shelters, bulletin boards and vet offices.
- Post your lost pet photo and your contact information as well
as the date and location the animal went missing on the following
- Lost and Found Animals of Nevada County
- Nevada County Peeps
- 530 Cody Alert
- Nevada County Lost Pets
- Alert your Microchip carrier that you have lost your pet.
- Go to the animal shelters at least every couple of days and actively look for your pet in person.
Please refer to the following checklist if you have found an animal.
- If you have FOUND a pet bring it to a shelter and have it checked for a Microchip
- Post the Found animal on the facebook page.