Lost & Found Animals


Lost Animals:

Please refer to the following checklist if you have lost your pet.

  • Contact both Animal Shelters in Nevada County
    (City Shelter: 530-477-4630 & County Shelter: AKA Sammie’s Friends 530-471-5041) and file a “Found or Lost Pet Report”. If you live close to another county, contact that Animal Control agency as well.
  • Check the house, closets, basement, garage, sheds, open vehicles, etc.
  • Check with your neighbors.
  • Contact the KNCO radio station and ask that your pet be put on “pet patrol” http://knco.com/submit-to-knco/pet-patrol/
  • Place an ad in the lost/found section of the local newspapers http://www.theunion.com
  • Make flyers with a good photo and description and distribute to local shelters, bulletin boards and vet offices.
  • Post your lost pet photo and your contact information as well as the date and location the animal went missing on the following Facebook Page:
      • Lost and Found Animals of Nevada County
      • Nevada County Peeps
      • 530 Cody Alert
      • Nevada County Lost Pets
  • Alert your Microchip carrier that you have lost your pet.
  • Go to the animal shelters at least every couple of days and actively look for your pet in person.

Found Animals:

Please refer to the following checklist if you have found an animal.

  • If you have FOUND a pet bring it to a shelter and have it checked for a Microchip
  • Post the Found animal on the facebook page.

COVID-19 Coronavirus Updates
Guidelines for Reopening
Urgency Ordinance (Temporary Moratorium on Evictions)
Disaster Council Order