Burn Permits

Burning is illegal within the Grass Valley City Limits but due to the city stations also providing service to unincorporated land within Nevada County we can issue burn permits. Burn permits can be issued from either Grass Valley Station, any Nevada County Consolidated Fire Station, the Nevada City Station or any Cal Fire Station. To burn legally you must have a valid burn permit and be burning on a burn day. All information pertaining to burning is printed on the burn permits as well as the number to call to verify that it is a burn day.


Temporary Use Permit

Grass Valley Veterans Memorial Building

Permit: Temporary Use
Cost: $98.00
Hours: Monday – Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm (Closed on holidays)

To hold an event at the Grass Valley Veterans Memorial Building it is necessary to submit a Temporary Use Permit Application. Along with the completed application, applicants need to provide a completed Floor Plan showing the layout of the event. Areas on the floor plan with red hashmarks are for EMERGENCY EGRESS and shall be free of obstructions at all times.