To provide the highest quality water to residences and businesses in the City of Grass Valley in the most efficient manner possible.
- Achieve maximum efficiency in the production and distribution of potable water to our customers.
- Continue the development of the cross-connection control program.
- Cooperate and participate in the study of cooperative collaboration with NID.
- Comply with all current Federal and State regulatory requirements and plan ahead for future regulations.
- Evaluate and safeguard the City’s water supply against terrorism, vandalism and environmental contamination.
- Protect the City’s investment by pro-actively maintaining the water distribution infrastructure.
- Effectively reduce customer complaints.
- Identify areas of undersized or restricted pipelines with the intent to replace.
- Improve accountability of water produced/delivered.
- Identify non-metered and unaccounted use of water.
- Implement a Maintenance Management System to track inventory, activities and condition of the Water Distribution infrastructure.
- Develop professionalism through training and certification of personnel.
- Provide continuing education as required by the certification program.
- Modify water treatment processes as necessary to eliminate toxic residuals at the City’sWastewater Treatment Plant.
Public Works Document Central includes abundant resources including:
- Consumer Confidence Report
- Temporary Water Meter or Hydrant Use Application
- Water Conservation Tips, Information and Resources
- Backflow Brochure, Testers, Test Report and Cross-Connection Survey
- Mandatory Water Conservation