Sign Permit / Minor DRC Application

Complete the application and submit with all required documentation.  Contact the Planning Department with any questions:  530-274-4330

Industrial Wastewater

Survey to be completed with Business License application

Encroachment Permits

Encroachment Permits are required by Municipal Code 12.48 for any work being conducted in the City right of way, any items maintained within the City right of way and any transportation of loads exceeding the maximums listed in the California Vehicle Code.

Over-the-Counter Building Permit Application

Submit the application in person at the Building Counter with associated fees, Monday - Friday 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. for work that does not require plan check (i.e. sewer backflow prevention and flow relief device installation, heater change out, electrical panel upgrade, reroof, siding).

Building Permit Plan-Submittal Application

Complete and submit the Building Plan-Submittal Application form and submit with 4 sets of plans (18" x 24" minimum size, 2 wet-stamped); 2 sets of Engineering calculations (wet-stamped) and associated fees to begin the plan review process.  If applicable, a separate submittal to Nevada County Environmental Health Department is the responsibility of the applicant.

Park Facility Rentals

The City of Grass Valley has approximately 108 acres of parklands, including 7 developed park sites and 1 undeveloped park site within City limits.

The Memorial Park Swimming Pool is operated by the Northern Sierra Swimming.  Information about pool hours and use may be obtained on NSA's website.

Hydrant or Load Use Application

Water is available on a temporary basis for construction or by load use.


-A +A