Encroachment Permits are required by Municipal Code 12.48 for any work being done in the City right of way, any items maintained within the City right of way and any transportation of loads exceeding the maximums listed in the California Vehicle Code.

Use the Encroachment Permit Application (standard application) for construction, sidewalk repair, parking, and blanket use (annual permits for utility companies).

Use the Encroachment Permit - Transportation application for oversized loads.

Use the Annual Encroachment Permit - Renewal Application for long-term encroachments in the public right of way (primarily in the downtown area).

-A +A